Our Story

If you are here, then you are part of Emma's team. Thank you for your overwhelming love and support to Emma, her parents, her sister and brothers. We are so grateful to all of you, and particularly to the incredible staff and volunteers and Primary Childrens Hospital.

ER visits so far: 21
Anesthesia count: 15
Sedation count: 6 (Sedation isn't as bad as anesthesia - so these are saves from anesthesia)
Blood Transfusions: 6
Platelet Transfusions: 4
Port Access: 87
Hospital Admissions: 6

12/12/15

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

If We Hadn't Gone In on Saturday...

Emma's legs and hips are pretty sore today. Blood cells are made in bones, and some of the heavy producers are, as I understand it, long bones and hips. That is, legs and hips. This is the pain that made her limp and brought us to this place. Partly the increased discomfort is because Day 1 Chemo is attacking the cancer where it is: in those sore bones. And also, as I understand the theory, because it is the progression of the symptoms of leukemia.

2 weeks ago she complained of pain. 10 days ago she was limping some. Last week she was stumping around and not wanting to walk. Saturday she had a serious limp. Today she want to be carried to the bathroom.

If we hadn't come in on Saturday, I think we would be here now. Just without the cool Life Flight tour.

True or not true, cannot be proven either way.

But the way I figure it, we'd be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment