Last week we were rushing about trying to get ourselves fed and dressed
for two soccer games. We have been in this incredible children's
hospital for a week. Our lives are taking a different road than we
expected.
I shared on facebook last Saturday a meme that begins with a common sentiment, God will not give you something that you cannot handle.
It was funny and it kind of relieved a little stress; but I don't think that the concept is entirely true.
God does give some things that we can't handle yet, and helps the willing gain the ability to handle.
God
does allow some things that we simply can't handle, and the only
possible solution that is a win is to lean on him. To trust Him. To
have faith.
I believe God wants to refine us, to polish us, and to make us into something better than what we are.
He wants us to tear our pride muscles a bit and grow some humility.
He loves us. Oh yes, He surely does.
He
gives us things that we cannot handle, and then we choose whether to
let Him make us into somebody who can handle that hard stuff.
I did
not ask for this. I do not want this. But we are going forward in
gratitude and faith. We are going to come through a bit better, I hope.
What a difference a week can make.
Pages
Our Story
If you are here, then you are part of Emma's team. Thank you for your overwhelming love and support to Emma, her parents, her sister and brothers. We are so grateful to all of you, and particularly to the incredible staff and volunteers and Primary Childrens Hospital.
ER visits so far: 21
Anesthesia count: 15
Sedation count: 6 (Sedation isn't as bad as anesthesia - so these are saves from anesthesia)
Blood Transfusions: 6
Platelet Transfusions: 4
Port Access: 87
Hospital Admissions: 6
12/12/15
ER visits so far: 21
Anesthesia count: 15
Sedation count: 6 (Sedation isn't as bad as anesthesia - so these are saves from anesthesia)
Blood Transfusions: 6
Platelet Transfusions: 4
Port Access: 87
Hospital Admissions: 6
12/12/15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment