On Saturday afternoon, the youth council from South Jordan City knocked on our door and brought in our Christmas tree. I can't begin to say how much this means to us.
In they came, the tree and our new friends. While one strong man carried the tree, a couple of the teenaged friends picked up a few ornaments that dropped. Krystal Hansen, who arranged to bring it to us, cut the wrappings off. One of the friends picked up Lizzy so she could put the star on top.
They plugged it in, sang carols, and left us with PEACE and JOY and HOPE and LOVE.
We hadn't told the children that the tree was coming, and I was so overcome with the magic that I forgot to watch my children's eyes. They bounced on the couch and asked questions and were really excited for the tree to come.
Once the South Jordan Youth Council had gone and I finished crying with Clinton, I headed for the kitchen. When we set up the tree, there must be crackers and dip and egg nog and a bit of a party. I had the makings in the house; but I hadn't really planned to start up a party. It just seemed the right way to welcome a Christmas tree.
We've been playing carols since. The kids have been playing with the ornaments, rearranging them on the tree. Caleb and Tommy roll the bells like cats with bell-balls. Thanksgiving is yet to happen, and yet, it is time for the tree. Just this once.
I am so grateful for the kindness and love and giving of Christmas. We have never pictured ourselves as the family to be given a tree. We have always given to Sub-For-Santa and Angel Trees and the Salvation Army Bell Ringers and any other Christmas Time charities. Few things are more delightful than doing Santa's work. I love being an elf. I know the joy of giving, and I am humbled to have switched places. We are truly grateful. Thanks South Jordan!
Pages
Our Story
If you are here, then you are part of Emma's team. Thank you for your overwhelming love and support to Emma, her parents, her sister and brothers. We are so grateful to all of you, and particularly to the incredible staff and volunteers and Primary Childrens Hospital.
ER visits so far: 21
Anesthesia count: 15
Sedation count: 6 (Sedation isn't as bad as anesthesia - so these are saves from anesthesia)
Blood Transfusions: 6
Platelet Transfusions: 4
Port Access: 87
Hospital Admissions: 6
12/12/15
ER visits so far: 21
Anesthesia count: 15
Sedation count: 6 (Sedation isn't as bad as anesthesia - so these are saves from anesthesia)
Blood Transfusions: 6
Platelet Transfusions: 4
Port Access: 87
Hospital Admissions: 6
12/12/15
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Christmas Tree
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




What a great way to get ready for Thanksgivukkah! And now I can't wait to turn on our Christmas playlists this Thursday and go get a tree to decorate. Happy Thanksgiving Reeders!
ReplyDelete